Oil changes are suggested about every 5,000 miles for a car and fluids are checked and refilled as needed during this time as well. Other maintenance projects are also necessary to keep the car running smoothly and to last a long time.
If a car begins to make noises or emits fumes or other signs that it is not running properly like a flat tire, we must stop and get that area fixed so the car can run again. These things often happen when we aren't doing a regular maintenance schedule for our car. My husband does an excellent job with this. He has a spreadsheet where he records the date, the type of maintenance done on the vehicle and the mileage. He has a schedule for maintaining all three of our cars. They all run very well and are lasting a long time because he takes care of them. We also make sure to pick up all trash and items from shopping trips, drinks, etc. out of the car when we exit the vehicle so it looks nice inside too. This only takes a few minutes but helps us so the car doesn't smell inside from caked on food and trash everywhere.
Our bodies are our vehicles for moving and getting around every day. Just like a car, we need regular maintenance or our system will get clogged up and stop functioning properly. We also receive signals that things are wrong or about to become wrong through pain, skin rashes, acne, hair falling out, inflammation in various areas, etc. to name a few.
Covering up these symptoms with medications or quick fixes is like using Febreeze in a car full of trash and hoping that it will somehow go away, smell and all. We must figure out what is at the root of the problem and get rid of that by cleaning, nourishing and strengthening the body.
This is not talked about much because there isn't any real money in it. Prescription drugs can cost hundreds of dollars, which help the economy right? What about your wallet? Prevention is the key to a long and happy life. So how do we maintain our bodies regularly? Here are some great ideas:
1. Begin transitioning over from the Standard American Diet (S.A.D) to a high raw food diet. Eat live plants and vary the beautiful bright colors for a wide variety of nutrients. This will help cleanse, nourish and strengthen your body.
2. Drink plenty of purified water
3. Exercise at least 30 minutes a day for 6 days a week, alternating between yoga or cardio and weight lifting to strengthen muscles and improve bone density.
4. Breathe deeply and meditate to calm yourself and rest from daily stress. Envision the life you want as if you already have it and you will.
5. Participate in some form of spirituality. This rejuvenates the soul and helps you in all areas of your life.
6. Get out into nature. Enjoy the sunshine, the fresh air, the scenery and all that natures gives us. Smell the flowers, admire the rocks, figure out what "weeds" are around you. Many of these are medicinal herbs.
7. Share time with family and loved ones. Travel and see this beautiful world together, take hikes or bike rides in your local area, enjoy time in the mountains or at the beach, laugh and play together to strengthen those bonds.
8. Find something you are passionate about and learn more. Art, music, cooking, traveling, serving in your community, humanitarian projects, classes, and so much more is available to you where you live and online. Get involved.
9. Cleanse at the change of the seasons and when you feel is necessary. Some cleanses that are very beneficial for your body and soul are:
*Liver & Gallbladder Cleanse
* Juice Cleansing at changes of seasons or when your body needs to clean out.
*Drinking herbal teas often help with cleansing on a more regular basis
*Drink plenty of water to help flush things out
*Colonic or colon cleanse helps get toxins out of the system and is especially good after big cleanses like the first two above.
10. Change your mindset to be positive. Find things that make you happy about people, circumstances, and life in general and focus on those. Life is too short to be angry or hold grudges. Forgive freely and ask for forgiveness daily.
These ideas are wonderful steps you can take to change your life for the better. You don't have to do it all at once. Choose one or two things to start with and see what a difference just a few things can do. Visit www.rawchefwendy.com for more information and to get involved in my online programs, classes and events.
Create your own maintenance schedule for cleansing every year. Schedule it on your calendar during the spring, summer, fall and winter. Decide which cleanse you will do and write it down, then prepare a few weeks ahead with what you need for the cleanse and be sure you clear your calendar so you can take care of yourself.
Read the book "Liver and Gallbladder Miracle Cleanse" by Andreas Moritz. This is an amazing book that really helps you understand the importance of this cleanse and how to do it correctly.